Monday, 24 May 2010

Summer Camp

For the past 8 years I have worked in a variety of jobs around the world. Among these have been opportunities in childcare of all types, and in one case (in 2007) summer camp in the USA.

For those unfamiliar with the tradition, parents like to send their kids to forested camps by lakes during the summer to get them out of the city and to have them interact with peers away from home. Though it is a nationwide thing, the majority of camps are found in the north east.

In 2007 I worked in Pennsylvania for three months and loved it. As such, when I decided to return to the USA for the summer, camp was a clear choice. After a lot of paperwork and stress, it has been arranged that I will be in Maine between early June and late August, working on a climbing wall. I hope to read in my free time and will update this as often as I can get internet, which may be rare.

No comments:

Post a Comment