Thursday, 18 February 2010

"The Tales Of Beedle The Bard"

As a collection of short stories for children, I found The Tales Of Beedle The Bard to be interesting but with vocabulary that would be quite above the reading level of the children. Though this is not always a bad thing, I found my self having to stop and explain words a few times when I read the stories to kids at my work. Aside from this, the morals and values were interesting, and the book was quite fun.

J K Rowling has created an interesting work, using Dumbledore to analyse each story, which is an interesting idea. Again, this would be above the heads of children reading the stories, but worked for me. Though these are no Harry Potter beaters, they are amusing for a few hours when a longer book doesn't appeal. I would recommend the book to Harry Potter fans who want a quick read from time to time. Otherwise, they would be best passed over for the far superior Harry Potter books themselves.

My rating: (1.5/5.0)

No comments:

Post a Comment